As an Accounting Specialist, you will provide accounting support to the Controller and Agency by applying principles of accounting to prepare client invoices, prepare and pay vendor bills and reconcile accounts.
- Daily entry of media and production vendor bills to ensure accurate cash forecasting.
- Compiles and prepares client charges, such as production, fees and media billing; working in tandem with the Media and Account Service staff assigned to the specific client.
- Works with Controller or CFO to ensure accurate billing and documentation on client specific and agency billing activity.
- Compiles, sorts and documents business transaction to substantiate client invoicing.
- Gathers and prepares reports to determine monthly costs, schedule of work completed, and type of work performed for clients.
- Reconciles production and media client invoicing; following process to match signed contracts with invoicing through to vendor bill payment and final client reconciliation.
- Works closely with Media Buyer / Planner and Account Service staff to ensure accurate budgets and timely reporting of reconciliation.
- Minimum of an Associate Art degree in Accounting / Business or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Enjoy working in a team setting as well as being self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal relationships (excellent communication skills, both written and oral.)
- Meticulous attention to detail, combined with a strong desire to provide exceptional client service.
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience within an advertising agency or professional services setting.
- Prefer knowledge of Advantage accounting software and Freewheel media software.
Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business or equivalent business experience.
If you are the right candidate for us, please submit a resume and email cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.